By Jarmelia of DIY HairBlog
When you begin your healthy hair journey and start taking care of your natural hair there are 2 things to keep in mind.
1. You don’t need expensive products to achieve healthy, long hair.
2. It’s not about the products, it’s about the technique.
One question I see a lot is, what products can you get from the drugstore, WalMart, Target, etc. for natural hair care. There are 100′s of products you can get for your hair that cost less than $10, just read the ingredients.
- Steer clear of mineral oil, petroleum and remember for moisturizers, you want water to be the first ingredient.
- If you want to use natural products, you can shop in the grocery section and pick up coconut oil, olive oil, macadamia nut oil and distilled water.
- Look at the ingredients in some of the products you have that you really like and see if you can find them in stores around you.
You might also like:
Jenell Stewart, formally known as BlakIzBeautyful is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Kinky Curly Coily Me. Jenell has a MS in special education and dedicates her time to educating and uplifting women with kinky, curly, coily hair. She big chopped on March 26, 2010 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.View all Jenell posts.