We all want to walk out of our house looking sexy, while still looking classy. Personally, I try to by “tastefully sexy.” Sure, I will wear a lace top out in broad daylight,but trust and believe, I never expose everything to the world. There are ways to wear ‘sexy’ fabrics without compromising your integrity. Such fabrics include lace, mesh, and chiffon and when wearing clothes made with these fabrics, the phrase “less is more” does not apply! Let’s break this down by using real life examples.
*Hair was flat ironed at 7 months natural*
Why This Works:
1. I am wearing a black bra. Though this shirt is revealing, I am keep it modest by wearing dark underwear. Many times, I’ve seen women wear lace tops with purple, green, and pink underwear and this screams “LOOK AT ME!” That is not the kind of statement, you want to be making. Though this top is ‘sexy,’ I still can walk around with confidence and pride.
2. My bottoms are of a solid material and loose fitting. It creates a balance between sexy and conservative.
3. Again, though I am revealing some skin, this top is textured in such a way that there is still not too much skin showing. It is just the right amount to keep people wondering,while still leaving much to the imagination!
Why This Works:
1. The bottoms are high waisted. This covers my larger mid-section and allows me to show less skin.
2. The black bra appears to be a shelving unit within the camisole rather than a bra. It could also look like a bandeau.
CLICK HERE for more looks that you can try!
How do you wear sexy fabrics?
You might also like:
SheRea is the blogger behind My Thrifted Closet (http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/), a blog dedicated to thrifted fashion. She attends Wake Forest University, majoring in Communication with a concentration in Media Studies and double minoring in Theatre and Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise. She is originally from St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.View all SheRea posts.