I along with SunShine of SunShine’sNatural&LovingIt.com and Julian of Bella-Kinks.com have decided to embark on a new journey together and want you to come along too. Recently, we have been posting our smoothies and juices of the day via Facebook (KCCM, SN&LI, Bella Kinks) and instagram (@sunshinetildawn @blakizbeautyful, & @bellakinks). Juicing is a healthy alternative to a very hectic and busy day which a lot of us have.
I personally had difficulty getting the recommended daily amount of fruits and vegetables, because I was accustomed to eating them whole. And Guess what? I don’t like salads either. SunShine shared with Me her eating lifestyle as a Pescetarian and her secret to getting in all her fruits and vegetables – JUICING! As a new Pescetarian, I have fully embraced this lifestyle and have been meat free since August 12, 2012!
SunShine was a Vegetarian for 2 years and has been Pescetarian for 4 years. Because she’s a mom on the go and has little ones who don’t always like to eat their veggies, she needed a quick and healthy alternative to meet her families needs. Juicing became that healthy alternative.
Julian is striving to live a more holistic lifestyle from head to toe. She wants to look healthy both in and out, top to bottom. She doesn’t want to contradict herself in taking excellent care of her hair but allowing her healthy to go down the toilet.
We invite you to participate in the Get Healthy Challenge.
The goal of this “Get Healthy” challenge is:
*increase our overall health through easy lifestyle changes. Through this challenge our goals are to provide you with healthy eating alternatives, encourage you to get moving, and to provide support throughout the month.
This challenge will run on a monthly basis starting Monday, September 3rd, 2012 to Wednesday, December 12, 2012.
Month 1 – September 3, 2012 – October 3, 2012
Month 2 – October 8, 2012 – November 8, 2012
Month 3 – November 12, 2012 – December 12, 2012
The challenge is on a monthly basis, so you can join in at any given month or take a break during any given month.
Healthy Eating Alternatives – Make a green juice or smoothie at least 3 times a week (more info).
Get Moving – Commit to at least 30 minutes of exercise 2 days a week (more info).
Daily Affirmations – supporting yourself along the way through positive talk (more info coming soon).
Weekly Check Ins – group support from all participants.
How to Enter the Challenge
To enter MONTH ONE of the challenge you must do the following by September 3, 2012
Leave a comment to this post answering the following questions:
1. How many days per week will you juice?
(minimum requirement is 3 days per week)
2. How many days per week will you move?
(minimum requirement is 30 minutes of exercise at least 2 days a week)
3. What’s one of your favorite daily affirmations?
(What are you grateful for? What are you happy about? What do you love mostly about yourself? etc.)
4. What’s inspiring you to enter this challenge?
If a sexy body and increased energy aren’t enough, we will be giving prizes to TWO active participantsmonthly! What’s active? Checking in for all four weeks of the month.
1. Do I have to be natural to do this challenge? Absolutely not!
2. Can I participate with a regular blender? Jenell is using a CuisineArt Power Blend from Sears and SunShine is using a vitamix from qvc.com. Julian is using a Oyster blender she received years ago as a gift and occasionally she uses a Breville juicer from Bed, Bath and Beyond. As long as the tool you have can puree fruits and vegetables to your liking, you are fine!
3. Is the green shake/smoothie a meal replacement? Please read here for green smoothies and juicing options.
4. What if I’m allergic to ingredients needed to make my smoothie green? Please read here for green smoothies and juicing options.
5. What if I can’t exercise everyday? The challenge is to encourage you get moving by meeting the minimum of 30 minutes of exercise for at least 2 days out of the week. However, we do understand life’s challenges.
6. If I do not check in am I still eligible for the prize? You must check in each week of the month to qualify for the prize.
HAVE QUESTIONS? PLEASE ASK THEM IN YOUR REGISTRATION ENTRY COMMENTS. I OR ONE OF THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS WILL REPLY.
Don’t forget to invite others!
Let’s Get Healthy!
Jenell, SunShine, Julian