Friday July 20, 2012 – Thursday July 26, 2012
If you didn’t join the challenge in the beginning I’m sorry, it’s too late. We will have other growth challenges in the future. I’m thinking about starting monthly protective style challenges for the Fall and Winter, what’cha think? Keep an eye out for them. Subscribe to our general newsletter to keep informed
5 more weeks to go!
Time flies when you are having fun and we are definitely having fun, right??
If you’re running low on your oil, don’t forget that you can save 10% on all your jbco purchases from OilsFromJamaica when you use the code KCCM10.
Everyone who checks in this week will be entered into a giveaway to win ONE bottle of JBCO from OilsFromJamaica, Just check in and you’re entered. That’s it!
Check In Questions:
1. When you became fully natural were you surprised at all by your texture? Why/why not?
2. How did you do last week (week 7)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
3. Which JBCO would you like to win? Regular, Coconut, or Lavender?
1. I wasn’t shocked at all, I was in denial. I spent so many hours watching YT videos before my BC that I romanticized the situation. I knew that my hair was very course and that I probably would have no curl pattern. I can remember distinctly telling my cousin that “we can’t do natural because we have African hair”. Our parents are both from Liberia, Africa, so I’m being dead serious when I say we have African Hair. LOL Anyways, even knowing this, I imagined having Traccee Ellis Ross Hair or Elle Varner hair, I know it was foolish, but I didn’t expect this. Well regardless of what kind of hair I didn’t have, I love my hair now!
2. Last week was FAB! I applied JBCO to my scalp, 4 nights. I didn’t prepoo this week, but instead did an all day deep conditioning using the Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque. When I rinsed out the masque, I rubbed coconut JBCO all over each section and then put my hair in 4 large braids for bed. I just love how soft my hair is.I sure did well as stated above. No challenges for me, I’m in this for the long haul.
I made a quick video on how I deep condition, check out the video
Do you Tweet? If so use hashtag #KCCM so we all can follow the convo. Feel free to include me @BlakIzBeautyful
Keep encouraging eachother, you all are doing soo well! Don’t forget the grand prize for the challenge is a Huetiful Steamer!
You might also like:
Jenell Stewart, formally known as BlakIzBeautyful is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Kinky Curly Coily Me. Jenell has a MS in special education and dedicates her time to educating and uplifting women with kinky, curly, coily hair. She big chopped on March 26, 2010 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.View all Jenell posts.