If you didn’t join the challenge in the beginning I’m sorry, it’s too late. You can participate in the Summer challenge (June 1- Aug 1).
This week is length check week! Take your pics (if you can) and post them with your check in. It would be great if you could post ONE of your beginning pics and then ONE of your now pics to compare your growth/thickness.
To post a pic, click in the comment box to activate it, then look at the bottom left of the box. You will see “+image”, click that and upload your pic.
If you are checking in from a mobile device, you may not be able to upload your length check pic, make sure to post your pics when you get to a computer.
I finally washed my hair! I did my prepoo with pharmacy castor oil (smells horrible) and then sealed my hair during my moisturizing session with my coconut jbco (smells like roasted coconut, yum!). Don’t forget that you can save 10% on all your jbco purchases from OilsFromJamaica when you use the code KCCM10.
Check In Questions:
- Have any of your relationships changed since going natural? If so, how so?
- How did you do last week (week 4)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
- Based on your length check pics, can you see a difference in thickness or length yet? For those of you focusing on your edges, are they growing in?
- All my new close friendships are with naturalistas. My relaxed friends and I don’t communicate as often as we used to. I don’t think it has anything to do with me being natural, but I do equate all my new friendships with me going natural.
- I did okie. I wasn’t on fire like I was weeks 1-3, but last week (week 4) was my first week back at work. I could hardly get enough sleep let alone apply castor oil nightly. massaged my scalp according to my goals and sealed my hair every other night.
- I KNOW I see a difference! If you check out my pics, you can see it too! My scalp and hair loves castor oil! So soft and shiny!
Wanna put your pics together like this? Go to fotoflexer.com and create a collage.
Do you Tweet? If so use hashtag #KCCMCastorOilChallenge or #KCCM so we all can follow the convo. Feel free to include me @BlakIzBeautyful
Keep encouraging eachother, you all are doing soo well!
You might also like:
Jenell Stewart, formally known as BlakIzBeautyful is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Kinky Curly Coily Me. Jenell has a MS in special education and dedicates her time to educating and uplifting women with kinky, curly, coily hair. She big chopped on March 26, 2010 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.View all Jenell posts.