June 28, 2013 – July 5, 2013
If you didn’t join the challenge in the beginning I’m sorry, it’s too late. You will be able to register for the Fall Challenge in Aug.
In the past challenges, there were a handful of participants that mentioned their scalp was feeling sore and that they experienced scabbing, and even hair loss. While I am not a doctor I can’t say whether this is directly caused by the castor oil, but if you are having adverse reactions to castor oil I can only suggest that you discontinue using the oil OR instead of massaging it directly on your scalp/edges you can try using it in the following ways to eliminate the direct application to your scalp.
1) Apply oil on your hair to seal your hair and ends, be sure to avoid your scalp.
2) Apply warm oil to your wet hair as a hot oil treatment.
3) Apply oil to your conditioners and deep conditioners.
4) Dilute oil with other carrier oils (olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil,etc.) to make it less potent.
This week is length check week! Take your pics (if you can) and post them with your check in. It would be great if you could post ONE of your beginning pics and then ONE of your now pics to compare your growth/thickness. Wanna put your pics together in a collage? Go to fotoflexer.com or picmonkey.com and create a collage. Or if you have a smartphone you can use the apps picstich, pic collage, insta collage and a bunch of others.
To post a pic, click in the comment box to activate it, then look at the bottom left of the box. You will see “+image” or an image icon, click that and upload your pic. Note: You can only upload pics from a computer. If you are checking in from a mobile device, make sure to post your pics when you get to a computer. Also, if your file size is too large, the commenting program that we use (disqus) will not allow you to upload the pic.
MY PIC IS COMING SOON!
Check In Questions:
1. What are your favorite natural hair styles? How long does it take you to style your hair this way? Which products do you use to get the best results of this style?y
2. How did you do last week (week 4)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
3. Based on your length check pics, can you see a difference in thickness or length yet? For those of you focusing on your edges, are they growing in?
4. Post your length check pics!
In the video below, I used coconut JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) to pamper my hair to a luxurious hot oil treatment. If you try it out, let me know how it goes!
Do you Tweet? Are you on Instagram? If so use hashtag #kccmCastorOil so we all can follow the convo and check out your pics.