Friday June 29, 2012 – Thursday July 5, 2012
If you didn’t join the challenge in the beginning I’m sorry, it’s too late. We will have other growth challenges in the future. Keep an eye out for them. Subscribe to our general newsletter to keep informed.
This week is length check week! Take your pics (if you can) and post them with your check in. It would be great if you could post ONE of your beginning pics and then ONE of your now pics to compare your growth/thickness.
To post a pic, click in the comment box to activate it, then look at the bottom left of the box. You will see “+image”, click that and upload your pic. Note: You can only upload pics from a computer. If you are checking in from a mobile device, make sure to post your pics when you get to a computer.
Don’t forget that you can save 10% on all your jbco purchases from OilsFromJamaica when you use the code KCCM10.
Check In Questions:
1. Have any of your relationships changed since going natural? If so, how so?
2. How did you do last week (week 4)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
3. Based on your length check pics, can you see a difference in thickness or length yet? For those of you focusing on your edges, are they growing in?
1. All my new close friendships are with naturalistas. My relaxed friends and I don’t communicate as often as we used to. I don’t think it has anything to do with me being natural, but I do equate all my new friendships with me going natural.
2. I finally washed my hair! I washed it on Thursday before I went to Dallas and I put my hair in mini twists. I did them over two days and they looked great. I didn’t prepoo this week. After I washed my hair, I moisturized my hair with the Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Milk, then my coconut JBCO, followed by the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I re-moisturized with these products every other day. with the Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Milk, then my coconut JBCO, followed by the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. My hair was very soft and shiny. Everyone I met at the event in Dallas loved how I pinned up my hair and those that touched it agreed, that my hair was uber soft!
The pics of me in WHITE were take at the beginning of the challenge. The pics in BLUE were during this week. I KNOW I see a difference, but these pics are off because I know I didn’t lose almost 2 inches of hair in the back! The front is represented properly in these photos though.
Wanna put your pics together like this? Go to fotoflexer.com or picmonkey.com and create a collage.
Do you Tweet? If so use hashtag #KCCM so we all can follow the convo. Feel free to include me @BlakIzBeautyful
Keep encouraging eachother, you all are doing soo well!
You might also like:
Jenell Stewart, formally known as BlakIzBeautyful is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Kinky Curly Coily Me. Jenell has a MS in special education and dedicates her time to educating and uplifting women with kinky, curly, coily hair. She big chopped on March 26, 2010 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.View all Jenell posts.