Friday June 22, 2012 – Thursday June 28, 2012
If you didn’t join the challenge in the beginning I’m sorry, it’s too late. You can participate in the Summer challenge (June 1- Aug 1). We will have other growth challenges in the future. Keep an eye out for them. Subscribe to our general newsletter to keep informed.
Can you believe it’s already week 4?! Next week is our first length check!
Don’t forget that you can save 10% on all your JBCO purchases from OilsFromJamaica when you use the code KCCM10.
1. Why did you decide to do away with chemical relaxers and embrace your natural hair?
2. How did you do last week (week 3)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
3. Do you think you see a difference in thickness or length yet? How has your hair been responding to the consistent castor oil usage?
1. I decided to embrace my natural hair because my cousin exposed me to a world that I never knew existed! She showed me YT videos of women with long healthy hair and to my surprise they were natural. For the first time in my life I realized that there was a way for me to grow my hair long and healthy. I made my decision instantly and I’ve never looked back!
2. I did great. I haven’t washed my hair this week – been busy, but I’ll definitely get to it this weekend! I massaged my scalp according to my goals and sealed my hair every other night. I moisturized my hair every other day with the Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Milk, then my coconut JBCO, followed by the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. My hair was very soft and shiny.
3. I KNOW I see a difference! My scalp and hair loves castor oil! So soft and shiny! Wanna see how long my hair was at the beginning of this challenge?? Check out this video
Do you Tweet? If so use hashtag #KCCM so we all can follow the convo. Feel free to include me @BlakIzBeautyful
You might also like:
Jenell Stewart, formally known as BlakIzBeautyful is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Kinky Curly Coily Me. Jenell has a MS in special education and dedicates her time to educating and uplifting women with kinky, curly, coily hair. She big chopped on March 26, 2010 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.View all Jenell posts.