REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
The challenge will begin on Sept 1, 2013 and ends on Dec 1, 2013.
The Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter 2012 Challenges were extremely successful, with over 2,000 women participating and dedicating themselves to consistent use of castor oil in their weekly regimen. Rubbing castor oil on your scalp and the roots of your hair will regenerate new hair growth within months. This will also thicken thinning hair. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties of Ricinoleic Acid in castor oil protects the scalp and hair from infections which can cause hair loss. The Omega-9 fatty acids in castor oil also nourish the hair and prevent the scalp from drying. Castor oil is a humectant as it draws moisture into the hair and skin. Applying castor oil on hair will keep it looking soft, shiny and strong.
The goal of this challenge is to grow your hair thick & long over a 3 month period. While we understand that your hair will not grow to waist length in 3 months, we know that with consistent use of castor oil you WILL reap great benefits. This challenge is our way of motivating you to partake in a routine healthy hair regimen using castor oil and we hope that you will be motivated enough to continue this regimen after the challenge.
Click on each pic to see the results of previous castor oil challenge participants. Results vary from person to person. Depending on how often they used the oil, the areas they focused on during the challenge, and their genetic rate of growth.
Using castor oil regularly in my regimen. has been extremely beneficial and I am soooo in love with the results. Not only did I get a half of an inch more than my normal average, I got soft, silky, shiny smooth, healthy hair.
During all of the Castor Oil challenges I’ve used Tropic Isle Living Coconut Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) and Pharmacy CO yes I know it says laxative. I personally prefer the Coconut JBCO because it smells like roasted coconuts, but I’ve also used the Lavender JBCO and the Original JBCO
How to Participate
Please read all the details below 2 or 3 times so you internalize them and then if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. All questions are valid and we want to answer all questions BEFORE the challenge begins.
The challenge will begin on Sept 1, 2013 and ends on Dec 1, 2013.
* You can use any type of Castor Oil you desire ( Regular Pharmacy Castor Oil, Cold Pressed Castor Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, etc.) Get your castor oil right away so you have it in time for the beginning of the challenge.
*You must apply the castor oil to your hair/scalp 3x’s a week at the minimum.
*You must check in each week from Sept 1,2013 to Dec 1, 2013. Every Sunday morning there will be a new weekly check in post. There will be NEW check in questions each week. To check in, all you have to do is answer the check in questions. Capisce?
Alright… so those were the rules you have to follow during the challenge, here’s how you join the challenge
How to Enter the Challenge
To enter this challenge you must do the following by Sept 7th, 2013:
Leave a comment to this post answering the following
1. What type of Castor Oil will you be using?
(Regular Pharmacy Castor Oil, Cold Pressed Castor Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil,etc)
2. How long is your hair now-front, sides, and back?
(eye brow length, nose length, chin length, shoulder length etc)
4. Attach at least one photo, showing your length, to your comment. This photo will be your BEFORE to compare to your AFTER photo at the conclusion of the challenge. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your pics, that’s fine, but no pic, no prize.
(To attach a photo in the comment box you first need to be on a computer, you cannot attach pics from your phone or ipad or tablet. Then click in the comment box to activate the box. After you click in the box you will see “+image” in the lower left hand corner, click it and upload as many photos showing the length of your hair as it is now)
5. Join us on FACEBOOK, give us a shout on the wall! (No FB? That’s okie, no worries)
If the great growth, healthy, shiny soft, and supple hair isn’t enough for you, there will be a fabulous grand prize of $100 of SheaMoisture goodies at the conclusion of the challenge. The winner of the grand prize will be announced on Saturday Dec 7, 2013. You must have a beginning and an ending photo to be eligible for the prize. You must have been ACTIVE during the challenge? What’s active? Checking in at least 9x during the challenge is active.
The last day to register for this challenge is Sept 7th 2013
FAQ FAQ FAQ
1) Can I participate in the challenge if I’m wearing a protective style? YES, your hair needs to be treated with the same level of care, if not more when you have a protective style.
2) Isn’t Pharmacy Castor Oil a laxative? I can use that? YES it is and YES you can use it. All oils have multiple functions. We cook with Coconut and Olive oil, but we also use it on our skin and in our hair.
3) I’m not natural and my hair is relaxed, can I still participate? YES, everyone deserves healthy long hair.
4) I have locs, can I participate? YES, all styles are welcome.
5) Can I participate in the challenge if I’m wearing a weave, extensions, twists, braids etc? YES
6) I won’t be able to check in every week, can I join? YES, you can join, but you can’t win grand prize if you don’t check in at least 9 times.
7) Must I have long hair to join? NO, all lengths are allowed.
8) Where can I buy Castor Oil? You can get castor oil at many places – Beauty Supply Stores, Wholefoods, Trader Joes, Natural/Health Food Stores, Online (Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe and many other places).
9) I purchased “castor oil” but it looks like hair grease, can I use this? If the ingredients say anything more than castor oil, then I advise you not use it. Some companies have hair grease, with petroleum and/or mineral oil in it, but call it “Castor Oil” because the product does contain castor oil. For this challenge, we are using pure/organic liquid castor oil.
10)I’m having trouble uploading a pic what should I do? Unfortunately, because we use the Disqus commenting program, we can’t control errors with their commenting program. I can only advise you to answer the check in questions and then try to upload a picture at another time.
11) I registered and I don’t see my comment, what do I do? There may be hundreds of comments and I believe the comments are posted from Newest (at the top) to oldest ( at the bottom). You may need to click “Load More Comments” down at the bottom to see your comments. However, if you submitted the comment, I most likely do have it in my email, even if you can’t see it or find it here on the website.
12) I want to register now, but I can’t upload my pic, what should I do? Register now and come back and upload your pic no later than the challenge registration deadline.
HAVE QUESTIONS? PLEASE ASK THEM IN YOUR ENTRY COMMENT. If someone asks a question, and you know the answer to it, please help them out and reply. I will not be able to answer every single question. So help a sister out! LOL
Don’t forget to invite others. Muah!
Do you Tweet? Are you on Instagram? If so use hashtag #kccmCastorOil so we all can follow the convo and check out your pics.