REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
The challenge will begin on Sept 1, 2012 and end on Dec 1, 2012.
The Summer 2012 Challenge has been extremely successful, with over 400 women participating and dedicating themselves to consistent use of castor oil in their weekly regimen. Rubbing castor oil on your scalp and the roots of your hair will regenerate new hair growth within months. This will also thicken thinning hair. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties of Ricinoleic Acid in castor oil protects the scalp and hair from infections which can cause hair loss. The Omega-9 fatty acids in castor oil also nourish the hair and prevent the scalp from drying. Castor oil is a humectant as it draws moisture into the hair and skin. Applying castor oil on hair will keep it looking soft, shiny and strong.
The picture on the left was the beginning of the Spring castor oil challenge (3/2012), the pic on the right is during the summer castor oil challenge (7/2012), during the summer castor oil challenge. See how lucious castor oil has made my hair?
The goal of is this challenge is to grow your hair thick & long over a 3 month period. While we understand that your hair will not grow to waist length in 3 months, we know that with consistent use of castor oil you WILL reap great benefits. This challenge is our way of motivating you to partake in a routine healthy hair regimen using castor oil and we hope that you will be motivated enough to continue this regimen after the challenge.
This is my growth progression during the Spring Castor Oil Challenge, my hair during week 1 ws just below the chin and my hair during the final week had surpassed my chin. My growth was AMAZING!!!! I usually get a half of an inch each month, therefore, I should have gotten 1.5 inches during this challenge, HOWEVER my hair grew a whopping 2 inches!!!
Now this is even more motivation. I continued on into our Summer castor oil challenge, which ends on Sept 1, 2012 and my hair growth has continued to excel! In this pic, I have been using castor oil for 21 straight weeks.
Using castor oil regularly in my regimen. has been extremely beneficial and I am soooo in love with the results. Not only did I get a half of an inch more than my normal average, I got soft, silky, shiny smooth, healthy hair.
During the Summer challenge I used Coconut Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) and Pharmacy CO yes I know it says laxative.
To see the great progress made by all the other ladies in the Spring Challenge, visit here and scroll down to the comments to view their Day 1 pics in comparison to their week 5 pics. You will be pleased for sure! To see progress from the Summer Challenge go here.
Please read all the details below 2 or 3 times so you internalize them and then if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. All questions are valid and we want to answer all questions BEFORE the challenge begins.
The challenge will begin on Setp 1, 2012 and end on Dec 1, 2012.
* You can use any type of Castor Oil you desire (Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Regular Pharmacy Castor Oil, Cold Pressed Castor Oil, etc.) Get your castor oil right away so you have it in time for the beginning of the challenge.
*You must apply the castor oil to your hair/scalp 3x’s a week at the minimum.
*You must check in each week from Sept 1,2012 to Dec 1, 2012. Every Saturday at 10am there will be a new weekly check in post. There will be NEW check in questions each week. To check in, all you have to do is answer the check in questions. Capisce?
Alright… so those were the rules you have to follow during the challenge, here’s how you join the challenge
How to Enter the Challenge
To enter this challenge you must do the following by Sept 7th, 2012:
Leave a comment to this post answering the following
1. What type of Castor Oil will you be using?
(Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Regular Pharmacy Castor Oil, Cold Pressed Castor Oil, etc)
2. How long is your hair now-front, sides, and back?
(eye brow length, nose length, chin length, shoulder length etc)
3.How will you be using your Castor Oil?
(Edges, Scalp, Sealing Hair, Hot oil treatments, Overnight Steaming, etc. / 3x a week, 5x a week, etc.)
4. Attach at least one photo, showing your length, to your comment. This photo will be your BEFORE to compare to your AFTER photo at the conclusion of the challenge.
(To attach a photo in the comment box you first need to be on a computer, you cannot attach pics from your phone or ipad or tablet. Then click in the comment box to activate the box. After you click in the box you will see “+image” in the lower left hand corner, click it and upload as many photos showing the length of your hair as it is now)
5. SUBSCRIBE to the Castor Oil Challenge Newsletter. Every week I will send out an email reminding you to check in. If you want to receive this email be sure to sign up especially if you know YOU will forget to check in. LOL If you are already subscribed, no need to subscribe again.
6. Join this website, click on “Join this Site” on the right sidebar.
7. Join us on FACEBOOK, give us a shout on the wall! (No FB? That’s okie, no worries)
If the great growth, healthy, shiny soft, and supple hair isn’t enough for you, there will be a series of prizes given throughout the challenge. There will be a fabulous grand prize at the conclusion of the challenge. The winner of the grand prize will be announced on Saturday Dec 8, 2012. You must have a beginning and an ending photo to be eligible for the prize. You must have been ACTIVE during the challenge? What’s active? Checking in at least 9x during the challenge is active.
The last day to register for this challenge is Sept 7th 2012
FAQ FAQ FAQ
1) Can I participate in the challenge if I’m wearing a protective style? YES, your hair needs to be treated with the same level of care, if not more when you have a protective style.
2) Isn’t Pharmacy Castor Oil a laxative? I can use that? YES it is and YES you can use it. All oils have multiple functions. We cook with Coconut and Olive oil, but we also use it on our skin and in our hair.
3) I’m not natural, can I still participate? YES, everyone deserves healthy long hair.
4) I have locs, can I participate? YES, all styles are welcome.
5) Can I participate in the challenge if I’m wearing a weave, extensions, twists, braids? YES
6) I won’t be able to check in every week, can I join? YES, you can join, but you can’t win grand prize if you don’t check in at least 9 times.
7) Must I have long hair to join? NO, all lengths are allowed.
8) Where can I buy Castor Oil? Beauty Supply Stores, Wholefoods, Trader Joes, Natural/Health Food Stores, Online (Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe and many other places)
HAVE QUESTIONS? PLEASE ASK THEM IN YOUR ENTRY COMMENT AND I/OR SOMEONE ELSE WILL REPLY.
Don’t forget to invite others. Muah!
Do you Tweet? If so use hashtag #KCCM so we all can follow the convo. Feel free to include me @BlakIzBeautyful
You might also like:
Jenell Stewart, formally known as BlakIzBeautyful is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Kinky Curly Coily Me. Jenell has a MS in special education and dedicates her time to educating and uplifting women with kinky, curly, coily hair. She big chopped on March 26, 2010 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.View all Jenell posts.